Gordon College, formerly Olongapo City Colleges, is a local higher education institution established in 1999 under the City Government of Olongapo.
The College operates by virtue of City Ordinance No. 36, Series of 2004 and its amendment City Ordinance No. 7, Series of 2018 also known as the “Revised Charter of Gordon College of 2018”. The proposed revision of the Charter of Gordon College shall pave way to an independent, stronger and quality-based higher education institution.
The Local Government of Olongapo supports and maintains its commitment to provide accessible and equitable distribution of opportunities to its constituents to acquire higher education, as well as, a responsive and relevant higher education institution.
- CHED Memorandum Order No. 32, Series of 2006 – Policies, Standards and Guidelines on the Establishment and Operation of Local Colleges and Universities (LCUs);
- CHED Memorandum Order No. 4, Series of 2007 – Implementing Rules of CM032, Series of 2006;
- CHED Memorandum Order No. 42, Series of 2016 – Amendment of Article V, Section 5 and 12 of CMO 32, Series of 2006;
- DILG Memorandum Circular No. 2009-67 – Guidelines on the Establishment of Local Colleges and Universities by Local Governments, and on the Operation of Higher Education Programs;
- Republic Act No. 7722 – Higher Education Act of 1994;
- Republic Act No. 9160 – Local Government code of 1991;
- City Ordinance No. 8, Series of 2010 – An Ordinance Amending the Legal Basis on the Creation and Operation of Gordon College;
- Resolution No. 42, Series of 2002 – A Resolution Chaning the Name of Olongapo City Colleges to “Gordon College”;
- City Ordinance No. 9, Series of 1999 – An Ordinance Creating Olongapo City Colleges